Thursday, July 3, 2008

Euro Blog Announcement...

With a little less than a month until the 2008 European Lacrosse Championships, I am already looking forward to the month to come. The Irish-based members of the National team and a few fill ins from Dublin Lacrosse will be playing AIST in a two game series in the mid portion of July. After that its just a mere 2 weeks until the national team gets together for training camp at 10am on the 1st of August.

I am going to do daily blog posts during training camp and during the YoYos as I have taken to calling them. Between me and Christian Lee Wong-Arnolds blog you should be able to keep well up to speed on the events of the summer.

Things are coming together as the Uniforms are being shipped today from the US and should arrive late next week or early the following week. I am getting excited but, think I am going to have to purchase some additional lacrosse gear to keep me near my mark of three working sticks and looking at dying one of the heads.

There should be some 1Lacrosse gear on its way too though Arnold has yet to confirm when this will make its way to Dublin. My hopes that it will be around prior to the games vs. AIST so I can test the gear in game situations. You should check it their website at www.1Lacrosse.com though basic at the moment I believe the official launch coicides with the opening of the Euros.

Well that is all for now.. My dad is in town and has been sleeping like a hibernating bear due to the apparent jetlag he is going through. His trip has been good so far as he took in the sites in town yesterday and I am sure he will be updating his facebook page in the near future.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I like the new look of your blog Gibby!

1L gear should be available in August, sorry we can't get you any for the USAIST games.

We have some great stuff coming out, you're going to love it.

Now go do some push-ups and get ready for Finland!

-Chris

Chris said...

Update your blog every now and again....or just keep starting new blogs...dork

-Chris