Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Wings of Dublin

by guest blogger Chris Arnold
 
 
When you think of Dublin and food, the first thing that comes to mind is Chicken Wings right? Wrong, BUT luckily there are a few places that actually do wings well, the way us North Americans like 'em.
 
I've sampled the wings at quite a few places, but there is a clear winner in the "Best Wings" category.
 
TriBeCa in Ranelagh (Dublin 6)
 
Tony Devine & I popped in for lunch yesterday, so I could see what all the wing hub-bub was about.
 
We got an order of about 20 wings while we waited for our sandwiches. I immediately regretted that I didn't order more wings. They were small but crispy and soaked in a buttery, spicy wing sauce. They werent soggy and not too hot, although I did break into my trademark sweat. Luckily, it was only a mild sweat compared to the embarrassing 5 alarm fire sweat I have experienced with some wings. One of the most important factors when eating wings is of coure the Blue Cheese dressing, usually it pales in comparison to what we're used to in the States, but at Tribeca it is absoultely on target...and yummy. Plus, plenty of good looking, crisp celery.
 
Tony & I were both pleased with our sandwiches (Buttermilk Chicken Sandwich and Tiger Prawn Sandwich respectively)...both very good yet a tad pricey at around 12 euros each.
 
Total bill : about 40 euros (2 sandwiches, 20 wings, 2 cokes)
 
The best part about Tribeca ? Its only a 10 minute walk from my house...I'll be back!
 
 
 




The year's hottest artists on the red carpet at the Grammy Awards. AOL Music takes you there.

No comments: